I LOVE the return of football season. My weekends are automatically better. I’ve been in an all lady fantasy football league for several years and it’s the highlight of the winter months. The smack talk is next level, the woman are dope AF, and it gives me a reason to watch games I ordinarily wouldn’t watch. It also doesn’t hurt that I am a 2 time and the current reigning champ. WHOOP WHOOP!
So, with the return of game days, I thought I would whip up and show you my Game Day Guacamole that has a surprise ingredient of LEMON juice that sets it above the rest. Trust me, it’s game changer. HA!
Prep Time: 15 minutes tops
- 4 Avocados – pitted, peeled, and mashed
- 1/3 Cup onion diced fine (about 1/2 medium size onion)
- 2 Small or 1 large jalapeno or serrano pepper (by all means add more!)
- Juice of 1/2 lime (about 1.5 TBSP)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1.5 TBSP)
- Handful of cilantro leaves chopped (you can omit if you are a cilantro hater…)
- Salt and Pepper to taste (avocado loves salt)
In a large bowl combine together your mashed avocado, onion, jalapeno, juices of lemon and lime, salt and pepper. Mix to combine well.
When these are all combined, add in your cilantro and gently stir everything together.
Make sure you do a taste test for seasoning, and you have yourself a quick gameday dip everyone will love!
Here are some fun ideas to add in to this base recipe if you love to accessorize.
- Tajin Seasoning
- Worcestershire Sauce (trust me!)
- Grilled Pineapple
- Chipotle in Adobo